Choquequirao Trek 4 days: A journey of adventure to Choquequirao trek in Quechua means “Cradle of Gold”, although this is probably not its original name. This mysterious and dazzling place is another “Lost City of the Incas”, situated on top of a spur, almost 1, 750 m above the mighty glacier fed by the Apurimac River and surrounded by towering snow-capped peaks of the Cordillera Vilcabamba .
Enjoy a great experience and a new discovery, appreciate the magnificence of Choquequirao Inca trek, with its palaces, temples, systems of two levels of source, canals, aqueducts, and its lovely terraces covered with lush vegetation.
- Driving time: 4 days / 3 nights
- Outputs travel dates: Every day from January to March (please check availability in our groups)
- Visited destinations: Tour Cusco – Apurimac – Range vilcabmba – choquequirao trek
- Travel Styles Adventure, Archaeology, Cultural Landscape
- Activities Travel: Travel by choquequirao trek, hike through the mountains.
- Difficulty Level: Medium Difficulty.
- Price US $: 00.00
Detailed itinerary Tour Cusco Machu Picchu:
Choquequirao Trek 4 days / 3 nights:
Tours Day 01:
TOUR CUSCO – LIMA RUINS TAMBO – CACHORA -CHIQUISCA
At 5 am we pick you up from your hotel and leave Cusco in our private transport which will take us to the town of San Pedro de Cachora (2800m), where they have time for breakfast. Here we find the rest of our travel team (cooks, porters and horses). We began the long journey that will take us between 7-8 hours. On the way you can also see a great variety of landscapes belonging to different climates, such as Pedrayoc snowy, diversity of flora and fauna embellish our journey. Today we will walk 7-8 hours in the mountainous region. Finally we come to El Mirador Capulichayoc, from where we can see the deepest canyon in the world who knows the Apurimac and through which flows the majestic Apurimac. This is where we will have our first lunch and from where you can see the first sights of Choquequirao. It will continue to decline until CHIKISKA (1800m), where our stores are established, spend the night surrounded by a majestic landscape.
Tours Day 02:
Trke CHIQUISCA – TREKKING MARANPATA- CHOQUEQUIRAO RUINS
After a good breakfast we start our trek uphill for 5 hours to our lunch stop at Marcapata and then our tour full Chokequirao = “Cradle of Gold” which is considered the sister of Machu Picchu town, as there are several similarities. It hangs 1,500 meters above the Apurimac Canyon. Machu Picchu hangs above the Urubamba canyon. They are at the same latitude and cities inkas large, Choquequiraw over 8 hectares, only one third has been discovered and where every day archaeologists find something else of interest. We will observe the three levels of the ruins found, where we can appreciate houses, terraces and other parts of the Inca City. We will also have a great chance to see the flight of the Condor.
Tours Day 03:
TREK CHOQUEQUIRAO RUINS – CHIQUISCA
At dawn, we can see the sunrise over the ruins and after a good breakfast to start off the same way as we climbed, until we reach our camp in Chiquisca.
Tours Day 04:
CHIQUISCA – CACHORA – RETURN CUSCO
Today we wake up at 6 am for breakfast early accompanied by the first rays of sun rising over the canyon of the Apurimac. Travel time to Cachora is between 5 and 7 hours, depending on your physical condition. Arrival in Cachora and private transport going back to Cusco.
It INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 days:
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer by bus to Cachora, (the starting point of our walk).
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Food 4 breakfasts / 3 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (who are responsible to load food and camping equipment).
- Transfer and return to Cusco Cachora.
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
NOT INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 4 days:
- Last dinner.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office $ 25 for the entire trip).
THAT BRING nesesitas CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the trek. Recommended: shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Sturdy shoes or footwear, ideal for sport.
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect against sun, rain or cold.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, etc.
- Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (Micropur).
- If you intend to go to the hot springs.
- Original passport.
- Optional: walking sticks for the trek) should be covered with rubber.
OPTIONAL SERVICES FOR TREK:
- Extra horse to ride if you need it on the way to choquequirao trekking
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office).
- TOURIST SERVICE STANDARD SHARED: the most popular trek offers visitors the most economical method for the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. You will join a group of other hikers as you come from abroad, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
- TOURIST PRIVATE SERVICE: special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized for you and gives you the ability to choose the departure date and group size. All private groups include additional services such as extra clips and horses to carry their personal computer, among others.