Choquequirao Trek 5 Days: Located between the Cordillera de Salkantay Trek, Choquequirao Trek, the home of the gods, rises above the Apurimac River. It bears a striking similarity in the structure and architecture of the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu and is referred to as his “sister”. Trek Choquequirao receives far fewer tourists than its sister but the ruin is no less impressive. Unlike Machu Picchu, Choquequirao trekking can not be reached by train or bus. The only way to visit the site is to go on a spectacular walk from Cachora, a small community four hours from Cusco.
The Cordillera Blanca to the lost city of Choquequirao trek, “cradle of gold” through the Cordillera Huayhuash, “the mysterious mountains”. Three mountain ranges and three hiking trek of the most impressive and spectacular that can be enjoyed in the Andes. Nothing better as a step forwarded to the visit of the legendary Inca city of Machu Picchu. For its natural beauty and cultural content this itinerary becomes a pending issue for lovers of nature trekking choquequirao.
Travel time: 5 days / 4 nights
Departures and travel dates: Every day from January to March (please check availability in our groups)
Visited destinations: Tour Cusco – Cachora – Choquequirao trek – Cordillera Huayhuash
Style Travel: Adventure, Archaeology, Cultural Landscape
Travel activities: Trips choquequirao trek, hike cachora.
Difficulty Level: Medium Difficulty.
Price US $: 00.00
Detailed itinerary Tour Cusco Machu Picchu:
Choquequirao Trek 5 days / 4 nights:
Tours Day 01:
Tour Cusco – Cachora trek – Cocamasana – Playa Rosalina
Pick up from hotel at 5:00 am and then go to Cachora. Coming to approximately 9.00am the people of Cachora. After breakfast we get ready our equipment on mules and horses and then begin our trek. After two hours of walking we reached Capuliyoc (2915 m) from where we have a beautiful sight as the peaks and glaciers of Padrayoc, Wayna Cachora and the first reviews of the Apurimac valley. Then descend toward Coca Masana (2,330 m) where the climate becomes noticeably warmer and the flora and fauna begin to change. Finally we arrive at Playa Rosalina (1550m) located across the Apurimac River where we will settle and camp for the night.
Tours Day 02:
Playa Rosalina – Choquequirao trek
This day is the hardest day of the five days. After breakfast, we started quite early by a steep road for 5 hours Approximate Raqaypata reaching this next Chunchullumayo River where we have lunch. Throughout the walk we will observe many orchids and wild flowers as well as many birds. Of Raqaypata to Choquequirao (3035 m) walk about 2 hours to reach the Inca archaeological site of Choquequirao and where we will observe the entrance of the sun and the flight of the condor. Our camp will be outside the ruins.
Tours Day 03:
Trekking Choquequirao – Raqaypata
Today we turn to explore the ruins of Choquequirao trekking. Our guide will explain the history and importance of the site. After you will have free time to visit different areas of the archaeological complex. In the afternoon we begin our trek to Raqaypata. Where we will settle and camp for the night.
Tours Day 04:
Raqaypata – Coca Masana – Choquequirao trek
After breakfast we continue our trek back down a steep road towards the Apurimac River where we will stop and have lunch. In the afternoon we will climb about 4 hours to reach Coca Masana. Where we camp.
Tours Day 05:
Coca Masana – Cachora – Cusco tour
The day after walking we can appreciate the canyon that forms the Apurimac River. We will take a new road that crosses the throat of the canyon, where we have a breathtaking view from Wayna Qalli toward the canyon, considered the most spectacular in South America. Arriving at Cachora our bus back to Cusco.
It INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 5 days:
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer by bus to Cachora, (the starting point of our walk).
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Food 5 breakfasts / 4 lunches / 4 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (who are responsible to load food and camping equipment).
- Transfer and return to Cusco Cachora.
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen tank.
- First aid kit.
NOT INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK 5 days:
- Last dinner.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at our office $ 30 for the entire trip).
YOU NEED TO BRING CHOQUEQUIRAO TREKKING:
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the trek. Recommended: shirts, shorts and some warm clothes.
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Shoes or strong, great sport shoes on the tour.
- Camera, films and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect against sun, rain or cold.
- Sunscreen for the tour.
- Mosquito repellent for the tour.
- Toilet paper for the tour.
- Snacks: biscuits, energizing bars teas, chocolates, etc.
- Water bottle and sterilizing tablets (Micropur).
- If you intend to go to the hot springs.
- Original passport for the tour.
- Optional: walking sticks for the trek) should be covered with rubber.
OPTIONAL SERVICES FOR TREK:
- Extra horse to ride if you need it on the way to choquequirao trekking
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office).
- TOURIST SERVICE STANDARD SHARED CHOQUEQUIRAO Trek: The most popular trek offers visitors the most economical method for the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. You will join a group of other hikers as you come from abroad, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
- TOURIST SERVICE PRIVATE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK: special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized for you and gives you the ability to choose the departure date and group size. All private groups include additional services such as extra clips and horses to carry their personal computer, among others.