Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu 9 days: One of the most beautiful and interesting treks on offer in the region of Cusco. Following roads and rarely visited Inca trails, beautiful scenery and visits to the two major Inca sites in the area, this walk has it all! The walk begins following the regular route to Choquequirao trekking, but instead of returning by the same route continue on time and joins the last part of the Salkantay trek to reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu.
The Cordillera Vilcabamba is a mountain range located west of Cusco which extends along 85 km in contrasting striking landscapes: snowy peaks with tropical vegetation. But nature is not the only attractions in the area: The Incas left their legacy in a surprisingly fabulous network of roads built in stone. We invite you to go for 5 days these trails from lost as Choquequirao trek and Machu Picchu, Inca remains locked in the jungle, witnesses of a glorious past cities.
Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu (3033 m) was an important center of the Incas and the exchange between the coast and the province Convention. More than 40 years served as a refuge for the Inca resistance against the Spaniards. Choquequirao trek is near the sacred mountain of Salkantay trek (6271 m) and the Apurimac river canyon. Spectacular Andean landscapes with flora and fauna of the Andes. Highest point: 3033 m.
- Driving time: 9 days / 8 nights
- Outputs travel dates: Every day from January to March (please check availability in our groups)
- Visited destinations: Tour Cusco – Cachora – Choquequirao trek – Cordillera Huayhuash
- Travel Styles Adventure, Archaeology, Cultural Landscape
- Activities Travel: Travel by choquequirao trek, hike cachora.
- Difficulty Level: Medium Difficulty.
- Price US $: 00.00
Detailed itinerary Tour Cusco Machu Picchu:
Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu 9 days / 8 nights:
TOURS DAY 1:
Tour Cusco – Cachora – Trekking – Santa Rosa
We pick you up very early the hotel in Cusco, the Inca capital, to take the bus north of the city to Cachora, Cachora our trek begins in early in the morning we go to the small village of Cachora to start our adventure a tour Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu, in this relatively remote area of the southern Andes of Peru. About 7:00 a.m. breakfast as our team prepares trekking mules and horses, checks and supplies package. From the village of Cachora it is often possible to see the spectacular snow-capped Padrayoc rising above the Apurimac Canyon north. Walk today will be long, over 21 kilometers in a period of 10 hours, but the spectacular scenery more than makes up for this – small farms clinging to the steep slopes of Apurimac along our route. As we descend into the Canyon we have the chance to see condors near Capuliyoc. There are also some excellent examples of high altitude dry forest to explore the route. Down to about 1500 meters cross the Apurimac River and begin the ascent across the valley to the small community of Santa Rosa. After a steep climb 1-½ hours we reached our destination, near the village where we set up camp. It may be possible to buy some groceries in a small shop in the village.
TOURS DAY 2:
Santa Rosa – Choquequirao trek
Today, our goal is the spectacular archaeological group of Choquequirao, after passing through waterfalls, finally got to where huge terraces that mark the entrance to Choquequirao Trek are located. We settled our camp to rest. We spend two nights and so have enough time to explore Choquequirao.
TOURS Day 3:
Choquequirao Trek to Machu Picchu
This marvel was never known by the Spanish, was probably one of the real state of the Incas and as input to the jungle region of Vilcabamba, almost as big as Machu Picchu and possibly in a more spectacular location. We’ll see many of the delicate, beautiful aspects of Inca architecture and discover many buildings are still buried by vegetation. After exploring Choquequirao, we can expect to see the condors who frequent the site.
TOURS DAY 4:
Choquequirao Trekking – trek to Corihuayrachina
After breakfast we cross the mountain on which this Choquequirao trek, and then begin to descend to the next valley and again climb to our campsite. Near the newly discovered archaeological site Corihuayrachina, passing by clicking Unuyoq terraces still largely covered by thick Andean forest. Click Unuyoq served as a center of agricultural aid to Choquequirao.
TOURS DAY 5:
Trek to Corihuayrachina – trek to Yanama
We got up early to visit Corihuayrachina, was discovered by an expedition in 1999. continue our ascent through the foliage until the first step. Near the pass, we see the ancient Inca trails and one of the silver mines of the Inca. After lunch near the summit (approximately 4000 m. / 14,500 ft) descend to the “garden” where we see countless flowers beneath the cliffs and outstanding, this is one of the most beautiful places on this planet. The hotel will pick you up very early to take the bus to Cachora Our walk starts in Cachora, with great views of Salkantay and Vilca Bamba and Apurimac canyon. We descend crossing the Apurimac River and then ascend to Santa Rosa.
TOURS DAY 6:
Yanama trek – The Door
After breakfast we prepare to descend to the second step, the peaceful and relaxed way, with beautiful view waterfalls, glaciers, up to the pass, where we will be surrounded by snowcapped mountains. I got to the door, also known as step (4.400 M), it feels like we’re on top of the world. After crossing the pass, we descend to a large beside a stream coursing rapidly meadow.
TOURS DAY 7:
The Beach – Choquequirao trekking
Good news for today, first, a gentle descent and second, can take a hot bath in the place for lunch, hot water emerges from the rocks, be satisfied after bathing. We follow the hike to get to the campsite, a small village La Playa.
TOURS DAY 8:
La Playa – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu pueblo)
This day we continue to climb, to where our eyes can glimpse Machu Picchu. We descend into the valley, where we take the train to take us to the village of Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu pueblo), where we spend the night in a hostel.
the Inca city of Machu Picchu was discovered by the American historian Hiram Bingham in 1911. Archaeologists estimate that this inaccessible citadel was built in the mid fifteenth century, there being several hypotheses about the role he played: A military post, a hidden to city’s Virgins of the Sun, a resting place for the Inca … All in mystery until now.
TOURS DAY 9:
toura to Machu Picchu – Cusco Tour
After breakfast at the hostel, take the bus to reach the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, we will have a guided tour, then have free time to take photos, etc. In the afternoon we take the train back to Cusco Imperial.
INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 9 days:
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Pick up from hotel.
- Entrance ticket to Choquekirao.
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Bus transportation (Cusco-Cachora).
- 8 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners and 8 snack.
- Kitchen and dining tent.
- Horsemen and horses to carry the camping equipment.
- Emergency horse in case someone needs help.
- 2-person tents.
- Camping mat.
- First aid kit with oxygen tank.
- Vegetarian diets * options available.
NOT INCLUDED IN CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 9 days:
- First breakfast.
- Last dinner.
- Sleeping bag.
YOU NEED TO BRING CHOQUEQUIRAO TREK TO MACHU PICCHU:
- Passport and / or student card for the tour.
- Sleeping bag (not included)
- Hiking shoes.
- jacket / waterproof poncho.
- Jacket for the cold.
- Hat and gloves for the cold.
- Pole for the trip.
- Comfortable for the trek pants.
- Sun hat for the tour.
- Mosquito repellent.
- Camera for the tour.
- Flashlight with extra batteries for the trek.
- Swimsuit for hot springs tour in the village of Machu Picchu.
- Additional money for the tour.
OPTIONAL SERVICE CHOQUEQUIRAO TREKKING:
- Extra horse to ride if you need it on the way to choquequirao trekking
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office).
- SHARED SERVICE STANDARD FOR TREK TO MACHU PICCHU CHOQUEQUIRAO: the most popular trek offers visitors the most economical method for the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Tours. You will join a group of other hikers as you come from abroad, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
- PRIVATE SERVICE FOR TREK TO MACHU PICCHU CHOQUEQUIRAO: special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized for you and gives you the ability to choose the departure date and group size. All private groups include additional services such as extra clips and horses to carry their personal computer, among others.