Cusco City Tour 1/2 day: This trip is ideal for people who want to educate themselves a little more about our beautiful culture of the Inca Empire choice. The City Tour Cusco combines not only attractive belonging to the Inca culture, but also attractive of colonial times. You will enjoy a guided tour of the center of Cusco Magico tour will visit the Plaza de Armas of Cuzco, the Cusco Cathedral, the Temple of the Sun Qoricancha and Santo Domingo, and then go around to visit the ruins of Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puka Pukara and Tambomachay, returning to the city from 18:00. We offer daily departures guaranteed for individuals or groups of all ages; the tour is by tourist bus.
- EXIT TRIP: Everyday Cusco
- Driving time: 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm in Cusco
- FREQUENCY: All year in Cusco
- PROGRAM: Cultural and architectural
Places to Visit in the City Tour Cusco 1/2 day:
Koricancha and the Convent of Santo Domingo – Cusco:
The convent was built on the spectacular Koricancha or “place of gold”, the most important temple dedicated to the worship of the Sun and whose walls were covered with sheets of gold. This convent was built as a base of polished stone structures – the most finely crafted in Cusco the Inca sanctuary. Its cover is an excellent example of Renaissance and its unique tower, baroque, stands on the tiled roofs of the city. As the above two temples, it has an important collection of paintings from the Cuzco School.
Sacsayhuaman – Cusco:
Imposing example of Inca military architecture, this fortress was built using large slabs of granite to safeguard the city of Cusco from attacks by invaders from the east or Antis. Sacsayhuaman (in Quechua, “satisfied falcon”) consists of three large terraces which overlap in a zigzag formation surrounded by enormous stone ramparts of up to 300 m long. Due to its proximity and elevation with respect to Cusco and the dimensions of the stones -up to 5 meters high and 350 tons of weight-served quarry for certain structures in colonial Cusco.
Qenqo and Pukapukara – Cusco:
Kenko is built on a sole outcrop of limestone, with underground galleries and a semicircular amphitheater ritual center. Puka Pucaka (in Quechua, the Inca “red fortress”) is a military construction, made up of stairways, terraces and large walls, which was part of the defense system of the imperial capital. Both are part adjacent to the archaeological circuit of Cusco.
Tambomachay – Cusco:
Also known by the name of Baños del Inca, apparently it was a place for the worship of water and rest the monarch of the Empire. It highlighted a series of aqueducts, canals and cascades carved in the rock, designed to channel water from a nearby spring. According to experts, Tampumachay or “Tambomachay” was also a kind of royal garden, full of ornamental profuse vegetation, the same that was maintained by an intricate system of canals.
Detailed itinerary Tour Cusco Machu Picchu:
Cusco City Tour 1/2 Day:
- 13:30 to 14:00 Pick up from your hotel to board the tourist bus.
- 2:00 p.m. to 2:25 p.m. Tour of the Cathedral of Cusco.
- 14:35 to 15:15 Tour of the Temple of the Sun or Koricancha.
- 15:20 to 15:35 Transfer to Sacsayhuaman Koricancha.
- 15:40 to 16:25 Tour Sacsayhuaman Archaeological Group.
- 16:35 to 16:55 Tour of the Archaeological Group of Kenko.
- 17:05 to 17:15 Tour of the Archaeological Group of Pucara.
- 17:20 to 18:00 Tour of the Archaeological Group of Tambomachay.
- 18:10 to 18:25 Visit the Craft Market in Sacsayhuaman.
- 18:20 to 18:35 Shuttle bus to Tambomachay to the Plaza de Armas in Cusco
Cusco city tour Note:
BTC (Tourist ticket Cusco, can enter Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puka Pukara, Tambomachay, Museums and also to visit or make the tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas) S /. 130.00
- Turitico ticket Cusco
- Join the Temple Koricancha: S /. 10.00 • Entrance to the Cathedral S /. 25.00
Children and students have discount of 50% on income.
It included in Cusco City Tour 1/2 day:
- Pick Hotel (Cusco).
- Tourist bus to Cusco city tour.
- Official guide service in English and Spanish for the City Tour Cusco.
- Entrance tickets.
Not included in the City Tour Cusco 1/2 day:
It is recommended for the City Tour Cusco:
- Camera or video camera (Optional).
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hats or caps.
- Light clothes.
- Warm clothes.