Holiday Travel Amazon 5 days: Insect are by far the most abundant and diverse group of creature in the tropical rainforest. they are pollinators , parasites ,recyclers , farmers protectors , builders ,wood –borers mimics ,assassins , singers , aerial acrobats, burrowers , etc. and everyone visiting tambopata will encounter many different kinds We still know very little about most insect ecology or indeed how many species even exist
Holiday Travel Amazon 5 days / 4 nights
- Length: 5 Days/4 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Tambopata National Reserve, Sandoval Lake Reserve
- Activities: Monkey Island, Sandoval Lake, palm clay-lick, piranhas fishing, canopy, zip-line, kayaking
- Altitude: 400 – 3,600 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: March – October
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 340 USD
ITINERARY HOYLIDAY TRAVEL AMAZON:
Tour Day 1
- We will pick you up from your hotel and bus stations, then pick you up from the airport in our bus. Take a boat ride for about 50 minutes, and arrive at the lodge. You are greeted by our staff with drinks. You will have lunch and some free time, then we start to explore the Amazon with a nature hike, and visit Monkey Island.
- Night Walk
- Back to our Lodge to stay the night
Tour Day 2:
- You will eat Breakfast, then take our boat up the river for about 15 minutes to register in the Sandoval Reserve.
- Together we will walk about 5 kilometers or about 2 hours to Sandoval lake reserve where we will explore a full day in the paddle canoe and have lunch while skimming down the river.
- You will see giant river otters, caiman, turtle, birds, monkeys, macaws, Then head back to the river Madre de Dios in order to get back to the lodge.
- Night walk, and then stay the night.
Tour Day 3:
- Breakfast and long walk in the deeper jungle
- You will experience many species of Medicinal Plant , exotic plant ,ayahuasca plant , Beatles, Ants , butterflies ,Insects ,Monkeys ,Frogs ,etc.
- lunch , free time
- Today we will do some adventuring, with getting on the canopy walk way, ride an awesome zipline , and fish for piraña.
- Dinner in our lodge
- Night walk, stay the night in the lodge.
Tour Day 4:
- Visits to the native families, Have lunch then some free time. You may go kayaking , Rafting, Piraña fishing, Walking…ect.
- Dinner in our lodge.
- Night walk, then Stay in the lodge tonight.
Tour Day 5:
- Today we will take our boat to return to Puerto Maldonado to transfer to bus station or airport.
Quick Itinerary of the Holiday Travel Amazon:
Tour Day 1: Holiday Travel to Puerto Maldonado – Monkey Island
Tour Day 2: Holiday Travel Amazon – Sandoval Lake Reserve
Tour Day 3: Holiday Travel Amazon – Piranhas Fishing – Canopy – Zip-Line
Tour Day 4: Holiday Travel Amazon – Macaw Palm Tree – Kayaking
Tour Day 5: Holiday Travel – Madre de Dios River to Puerto Maldonado
Itinerary of the Holiday travel Amazon 5 days /4 nights
TOURS DAY 1:
HOLIDAY TRAVEL TO PUERTO MALDONADO – MONKEY ISLAND
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your larger baggage not necessary for the trip, but you need to bring a backpack for personal items and more. Then, we transfer you to the port of Puerta Capitania where you board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River for an hour. On the way, we observe various flora and animal species such as turtles, birds, capybaras and lizards sunbathing on the river shores.
Then, we stop shortly at the Monkey Island (Isla de los Monos) to view some of its 3 monkey species. Later, we reach the Eco Tambo Lodge where we are welcomed by fresh fruit juice! Afterwards, we accommodate ourselves in twin private rooms and enjoy a short rest. Later on, we follow jungle paths while our experienced Tour Guide explains to us about local animals and plants such as trees having over 500 years of age , medicinal plants, toucans, orioles, trogons, macaws, monkeys, butterflies, etc. We get back for dinner then.
Optional: A night walk.
TOURS DAY 2:
HOLIDAY TRAVEL AMAZON TO SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE
After breakfast, we board a motorboat and navigate up the Madre de Dios River until we get to a checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check we start walking for 5 km to reach Sandoval Lake. There,
we take a canoe bringing us to the centre of the lake where we are served lunch while watching its typical inhabitants – giant river otters, black caimans, pumas, a prehistoric bird shansho, herons, cormorants, kingfishers, Jesus birds (or lily trotters), red howler monkeys, common squirrel monkeys, white-faced capuchins, sloths, etc. In the end of the day, we return to the lodge for dinner, a shower and overnight.
Optional: A night walk.
TOURS DAY 3:
HOLIDAY TRAVEL AMAZON TO CANOPY WALK WAY – ZIP LINE
In the morning, we start walking on surrounding jungle paths enabling us to get to know the biodiversity that this Amazonian jungle site includes. Just to name some of the plant kingdom, you can find there some medicinal plants, ayahuasca, giant and very old jungle trees or chestnuts.
Local representatives of the animal kingdom are birds, mammals, reptiles, butterflies, etc. Then, we try to fish for piranhas in the Gamitana River. After that, we get back to the lodge for lunch and a short break. Afterwards, an adrenaline activity awaits us as we try the canopy walkway – a walk on a hanging bridge to observe the Amazon landscape from another perspective! But no worries, this is not the only adrenaline sport that you can experience today as we are given an opportunity to do zip-line immediately after that!! The zip-line is located above trees in a height of 30 metres! Finally, we return to our lodge for dinner and a sleep.
Optional: A night walk.
TOURS DAY 4:
HOLIDAY TRAVEL AMAZON TO MACAW PALM TREE – KAYAKING
Very early wake-up happens today as we go to the Collpa de Palmeras where a huge number of various palms grow in water creating an area of marsh. It attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest.
Then, we go back to the lodge to be served breakfast to later continue observing more of the jungle nature; for example, monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. For lunch, we get back to the lodge. The afternoon is dedicated to an adrenaline sport again as we do kayaking near the Monkey Island! In the evening, we pick our flashlights up to be able to see nocturnal life around the lodge such as a tarantula, frogs, or insects seeking their victims in the shade! Dinner, shower and overnight in the lodge.
TOURS DAY 5:
HOLIDAY TRAVEL BACK TO PUERTO MALDONADO
After breakfast, we board a motorboat taking us back to Puerto Maldonado sailing up the Madre de Dios River. There, we pick our baggage up from the office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service!
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Holiday travel Amazon 5 days:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation:
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 4 nights in lodges;
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Special equipment for canopy, zip line and kayaking;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Holiday travel amazon 5 days:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Entrance fees to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What to take with you the Holiday travel amazon 5 days:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.