Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days: It is an adventure journey through the Sacred Valley of the Incas and all its surroundings Lares Valley – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu. We walk around 7-8 hours a day at an altitude of 2,900 m, where we have extraordinary panoramic views of incomparable snow, as well as magnificent lagoons Valley dollars. We camp in a community where we can appreciate art and textiles of the town of Lares trek.
Lares hot springs are one of the most famous Inca baths entire region of Cusco. 3250msnm situated in the Valley of Lares, are especially known for the healing properties of its waters. The trek passes through ancient native forests, crossed by impressive Inca roads, and typical landscapes of high mountains, up to the hot springs, where you can enjoy a well deserved and revitalizing thermal bath.
- Driving time: 4 days / 3 nights
- Outputs travel dates: Every day from January to March (please check availability in our groups)
- Visited Destinations: Cusco Tour – Cuncani – Patacancha – Lares Valley Trek – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Travel Styles Adventure, Archaeology, Cultural Landscape ecological, Lares trek to Machu Picchu
- Activities Travel: Travel the Lares Valley trek to Machu Picchu, hike dollars, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu.
- Difficulty Level: Medium Difficulty.
- Price US $: 00.00
Detailed itinerary Tour Cusco Machu Picchu:
Lares Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 nights:
TOURS DAY 01:
Tour Cusco – Calca – Lares Hot Springs – Cuncani
We leave Cusco very early in the morning 5:00 a.m. and we allocate to the Sacred Valley of the Incas with a tour, reaching the thermal baths of Lares Trek. In this place they will have free time to bathe. After lunch we start walking for about 4 hours to reach our camp located at an altitude of 3750 meters.
TOURS DAY 02:
Cuncani walk – Ipsaycocha
After breakfast we continue our trek through the valley to reach the community of Huacawasi, here people produce tissues and we can observe their great skills and brilliant techniques in the fabrication of ponchos and clothing. Passing the village we begin to ascend to the second step Condorpasa Open (4450 m). From here we can see an amazing view of the Veronica snow 5750 meters. Descend about 1 hour to reach the beautiful lagoon Ipsaycocha, where our camp is 3900 meters.
TOURS DAY 03:
Ipsaycocha walk – Patacancha – Huylloc – Pumamarka – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu pueblo)
After breakfast descend through the valley to reach the community of Willoc where we have lunch, from here takes about 2 hours to reach the community Pumamarka where we can appreciate Inca terraces, finally we arrive at Ollantaytambo located in a fertile valley and protected by huge mountains. This is a perfect place to appreciate the majority of archaeological remains left by our ancestors and a variety of flora and fauna. Then we drive to Ollantaytambo station where we board the train which will take us to Aguas Calientes, we will travel by train for 02 hours aproximadamnete.
Accommodation in a comfortable hotel.
TOURS Day 04:
Aguas Calientes “machupicchu pueblo” – Machu Picchu – Cusco tour
(6:00 AM) After breakfast we take the bus to take us to the Inca city of Machu Picchu, in this way can be one of the first groups within the city Inka allowing us to enjoy a beautiful sunrise, then we have approximately for two hours a visit to the most important compounds with his guide, then you can explore the mysterious city on their own. (Optional climb the mountain of huayanapicchu cost $ 15 USD).
In due time we descend from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes to board the train back to Cusco.
INCLUDED IN LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 4 days:
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning.
- Bus from Cusco to Lares (the starting point of the walk).
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Food 3 breakfast / 3 lunches / 3 dinners.
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (pueblo machupicchu).
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Double tents for up to 3 people.
- Tents (mattresses, chairs), dining tent, kitchen.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
NOT INCLUDED IN LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU 4 days:
- First breakfast and lunch on the fourth day.
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at our office $ 30 for the entire trip).
- Entrance to the mountain Waynapicchu (optional $ 20 USD).
YOU NEED TO TAKE A LARES TREK – MACHU PICCHU:
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag
- Mountain boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- couple of shirts
- Comfortable pants (pants zipper)
- Sun hat, bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent (for Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu)
- toilet paper
- personal medicines
- Flashlight with extra batteries (the headlamps is recommended)
- Some extra snacks (like chocolates, candies)
OPTIONAL SERVICES TO LARES TREK:
- Extra horse to ride if needed in the way LARES TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in our office).
- TOURIST SERVICE STANDARD SHARED: the most popular trek offers visitors the most economical method for the Inca Trail and alternative Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. You will join a group of other hikers as you come from abroad, a great opportunity to have fun and make new friends.
- TOURIST PRIVATE SERVICE: special walking program just for you, not get together with others, is organized for you and gives you the ability to choose the departure date and group size. All private groups include additional services such as extra clips and horses to carry their personal computer, among others.