Sandoval Lake Lodge 4 days: Leaving civilization behind, we venture deep into the Amazon jungle and Sandoval lake. Travelling by boat we tour Tambopata and Heath Rivers, the gateway to the largest uninhabited tropical jungle, not hunted in the Peruvian Amazon. With a unique combination of savanna and dense jungle, there are opportunities to see all kinds of monkeys and an astonishing number of colorful parrots and other birds, as well as the tapir, capybara and even jaguar. the macaw clay lick is an amazing and lifetime experience kind of tour. Then by boat we navigate you to Lake Sandoval. Here we walk through the jungle in search of howler monkeys and sloths, before taking to canoes. In the evenings in the lake Sandoval you’ll see giant otters, spider monkeys and a unique range of birds. The night is spent at the Sandoval Lake Lodge, the end of the tours of this amazing trip we go back to Puerto Maldonado and then return to Cusco.
This amazing adventure trip is a fantastic addition to your holiday in South America and a great introduction to the Amazon region of Peru for every traveler and visitor. The Amazon Basin contains the largest river by volume and the largest rainforest in the world. We explore this amazing environment travel, the discovery of the rich biodiversity of the rainforest. We travel by boat for fishing for piranhas. Our expert guides will help you discover and more understand the wildlife by explaining the many uses of the diversity of fauna and flora of the Amazon region.
Short description of the Amazon – Sandoval Lake Lodge – Caiman Black
At night the large black caiman of up to 4 a 5m (15ft) can be seen in our spotlights, these enormous nocturnal predators are always ready for extra morsels ( needless to say we dont swim in the lake at night) black caiman were also previously hunted close to extinction for their skins. Elsewhere it is very rare to find such large individuals as you will see in Sandoval lake lodge.
OVERVIEW AMAZING TRIP TO SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE FOREST
The jungle is an Amazing Trip at night from gusts of wind moving the tops of trees to howler monkeys frolicking among vegetation. In the distance, we can unmistakably hear the rhythmic sounds of drums. A party must be carried out in the community: the drum and reed flute are the traditional musical instruments of the jungle. The heat in this area is a nightmare for people who are not used to sleeping in hammocks, and sometimes the humidity is very high too. We must keep still for just breathing. Suddenly, it starts to rain. A typical rainfall of the Amazonian Region falls violently on its vegetation, making deafening noise. In the river, caimans are awake. A fierce fight has started. We can hear the tremendous crashes of their tails in the water, which makes hard to sleep, but it is an incredible experience. Maybe, we can sleep a while and at dawn, when the sounds of infinite kinds of birds welcome a new day. Each species has its characteristic song, especially macaws alighting on each tree or crossing the river in pairs with Amazing Trip to sandoval lake lodge.
Life in the Amazing Amazon Trip has a vast number of sounds. It Is even beautiful in periods of absolute silence, when we can enjoy the beautiful colors brought out by daylight. Some of these colors belong to hundreds of butterflies crowding around a log full of turtles that slowly alternate between a bath and a sunbath. The rest of these bright colors belong to macaws, toucans, flowers blooming at banks, and nymphs. The intense blue of the sky reflected in rivers and lakes and the greenish shades of the biodiversity are also part of that great range of colors. The real heart of an Amazing Amazon Trip can be found in the Peruvian Amazonian Region, which are homes to countless different forms of life. This consists of intense hot and humid climate.
AMAZING TRIP TO SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE
- Length: 4 Days/3 Nights
- Type of service: Private or Group
- Location: Southern Peru, Madre de Dios Department, Puerto Maldonado, Sandoval Lake Reserve , Sandoval Lake Lodge
- Activities: Amazing Trip – Sandoval Lake Lodge , Palm Tree Clay-lick, Monkey Island, Sandoval Lake
- Altitude: 139 – 400 m.a.s.l.
- Best time to visit: All Year
- Departure: Every day
- Minimum of participants: 2
- Maximum of participants: 10
- Price per person: 613 USD
- Fixed and Private Departure : Daily
- Operates : All year
- Physical Demand : None
Itinerary detailed for trip
ITINERARY SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE
- Service level luxurious: Sandoval lake Lodge
- We will pick you up from your hotel
- We will pick you up from the airport in our bus
- We take our boat about 45 minutes
- We register in the reserve sandoval lake lodge
- We will walk 5 kilometer about 2 hour to sandoval lake reserve
- plus 40 minutes trips to canoe rowing until we reach sandova lake lodge , Lunch and free time
- We start to explore in our conoe where you will see giant river otters, caiman ,turtle,birds ,monkeys ,macaws
- Dinner ,Night walk
Day 2 : 7.30 am Breakfast in the lodge
- Today we explore the jungle to meet the diversity of fauna and flora
- we will visit the Sandoval lake in our canoe paddle
- Today we will see alligators in our canoe paddle
Day 3 : 5.00 am: Today leave early from our Lodge to go see the palm tree clay lick eating every morning
- Breakfast in our lodge sandoval lake
- Visit sandoval lake to see otters, birds, reptiles and fish
- lunch , free time
- Photographs of flora and fauna and sunset , take a natural spring water Bath if you wish.
- Night walk
Day 4: 5 am start 2 hour walk whre going to see to macaw palm tree
- We will back to river Madre de Dios, back on our boat to return to puerto maldonado
- Arrive to Puerto Maldonado City and transport to airport or bus stations
Quick Itinerary of the Sandoval Lake Lodge:
TOURS DAY 1: PUERTO MALDONADO – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE –AMAZING TRIP
TOURS DAY 2 : AMAZING TRIP – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – GIANT RIVER OTTERS – LONG WALK
TOURS DAY 3 : SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE – MACAW PALM TREE – AMAZING TRIP
TOURS DAY 4: AMAZING TRIP – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – BACK TO PUERTO MALDONADO
Sandoval Lake Lodge 3 days / 2 nights
TOURS DAY 1:
TOUR CUSCO – PUERTO MALDONADO – SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE
You are welcomed and pick-up from the airport/coach terminal of Puerto Maldonado by our Representative to take you to our office where you can leave your large baggage which not necessary for the trip, but you will need a backpack for personal items and more. Then, we transfer you to a local port where you board a motorboat and navigate down the Madre de Dios River.
On the way, we observe various mammal species such as turtles, birds, lizards, turtles, caimans, after where we will stop in the monkey island we can see some species and then we to reach to the checkpoint of the Sandoval Lake Reserve and after passing a check, we start walking for 5 km (2 hour walk and arrive at Sandoval lodge where we settled in our rooms, close to Lake Sandoval reserve. The lodge has private baths and is within the Tambopata National Reserve which makes it different from other shelters where we guarantee you will see more wildlife and get in touch with nature. After settling visit the Sandoval lake taking a canoe paddle along the lake, where you can see the giant otter (Wolf River) black caiman, hoatzin, herons, Kingfishers, etc. Return to the lodge for dinner, after dinner visit the lake again in the canoe with our flashlights or lanterns to see the alligators they usually marry the night, where we will show and explain and then return to our comfortable sandoval lake lodge
TOURS DAY 2:
SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – GIANT RIVER OTTERS
Today we need get up very early in the morning enable us to be on the lake for sunrise and a hopeful encounter with the family of Giant Otters who frequent the lake and are most active at this time of day. Sandoval Lake offers abundant wildlife including over 40 species of birds resident to its lake margins, most of the fish-eating water birds around the lake actively fish in the early morning as well, and this outing should provide excellent views, of the prehistoric- looking Hoatzins, These are easy to observe and take you many photograph of the wildlife where we will use our a paddled canoes
after return to the lodge where we will take our breakfast , and then we take long walk in the deeper of the wildlife . which has a huge variety of flora and fauna,searching families of mammals ,reptiles , Birds , monkeys, peccaries , tapir , Tucans , as well as giant trees, and many air plants like lianas that are growing together in good reciprocal way of life. Good chance for climbing up and swinging on this like a real Tarzan! Great experience! During this hike our expert guide will explain to you about medicinal plants and much more. Soon thereafter we go back to the lodge for dinner.
Nocturnal activities night walk , We stay overnight at the Sandoval lake lodge.
TOURS DAY 3:
SANDOVAL LAKE RESERVE – MACAW PALM TREE
Another early wake up expects us today as we go to the surroundings of the Sandoval Lake where huge number of various palms grow in its water creating an area of marsh.
This place is called Macaw Palm Tree (Collpa de Palmeras) and it attracts various macaw species and other parrots to eat sawdust of its palms as it contains sodium, calcium, potassium and other minerals helping them to digest. Then, we go back to the lodge to be given breakfast. Later, we take a next trip going to observe stunning flora and fauna of the Sandoval Lake Reserve. We can appreciate monkeys, deer, wild boars, tapirs or spectacled bears, just to name a few. For lunch, we get back to the lodge. Afterwards, we have given some time off to rest or enjoy a natural bath in the Sandoval Lake (no worries, there are no piranhas or other danger animals during the day).
Then, we board a canoe to cross the lake to a place where we can better appreciate a beautiful sunset above the lake! At 8 pm, we return to the lodge for dinner while waiting for the moonlight, a suitable time to go watching caimans again! Another nights sleep at the Sandoval Lake lodge.
TOURS DAY 4:
SANDOVAL LAKE LODGE – BACK TO PUERTO MALDONADO
After breakfast, we first board a canoe to sail over the Sandoval Lake and then we walk back to the checkpoint and from there, we continue sailing the Madre de Dios River by a motorboat towards Puerto Maldonado. We pick our baggage up in our office and then, we are transferred either to the airport or the coach terminal.
End of service
You need to be vaccinated against Yellow Fever as well as to bring some anti-malaria tablets with you!!
Included in the Amazon – Sandoval Lake Lodge:
- A professional naturalist Tour Guide;
- Motorboat transportation;
- Private vehicle land transportation;
- Entrance fee to the Sandoval Lake Reserve;
- A professional Cook,
- Meals: 3x Breakfast, 3x Lunch, 3x Dinner and drinking water (Please note: vegetarian option upon request for no extra cost!);
- Accommodation: 3 nights in lodges; Sandoval Lake Lodge
- First aid kit, including a poison extractor, mosquito bite treatment and an antidote for a snake bite;
- Radio communications;
- Rubber boots.
Not included in the Sandoval Lake Lodge:
- Any flight nor airport departure taxes;
- Travel insurance;
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last day;
- Tips to local staff.
What You Need to Bring to the Sandoval Lake Lodge:
- Mosquito repellent (DEET 35 recommended as a MINIMUM!!),
- Original passport,
- Small backpack,
- Long sleeved cotton shirts (preferably green coloured),
- Long cotton trousers,
- Cotton long socks (to be put into your trousers),
- Comfortable walking shoes,
- Sandals or light shoes,
- Rain gear (e.g. rain poncho),
- Sweater (for the beginning of the tour in Andes and the cloud forest only),
- Binoculars (we also rent it),
- Camera and its charger,
- Plastic bags to be used for clothes and a camera,
- A hat as a protection against the Sun or rain,
- Small towel,
- Toilet paper,
- Antibacterial gel,
- Sun cream,
- Flashlight (with spare bulb and batteries),
- A bottled water (1 litre as a minimum),
- Pocket money (Soles) to buy some beverages and souvenirs as well as to tip.